Mirror Demister Installation instructions
Fitting the demister
Please follow the instructions for fitting the demister.
- First, mark out the back of the mirror to indicate where the pad is to be fitted.
- Then peel off the protective paper exposing the ‘sticky’ side.
- Position one edge of the demister pad in the desired position.
- Please keep the other edge away from the mirror.
- Gradually lower the pad onto the mirror while also applying even pressure.
- In particular you must ensure there are no air bubbles or creases.
- Mirrors without frames that are being fitted directly onto the wall will need follow step 8.
- Finally a recess will need to be made due to the depth of the connector.
All wiring must conform to the latest IEE wiring rules.
If in doubt always consult a qualified electrician.
- Generally the demister pad is connected to the lighting circuit or a separate switch.
- In addition the circuit should be protected by a fuse or circuit breaker.
- The wires are coloured as follows: BLUE – Neutral, and BROWN – Live.
- The Demister pad must not be accessible once installed.
- Further more all metal parts must be earthed. In addition comply with current wiring regulations.
- Multiple pads may be fitted to a single mirror and should be connected in parallel.
- In particular the pads must not overlap.
- The demister pad must not be cut or pierced.
The demister can not be fitted to a dimer switch.